Coronavirus COVID-19 Business Update - We are open
Posted on Friday Mar 20, 2020 in News
As we all navigate our way through this unprecedented time, Cooney Brothers remains open for business. We are committed to serving the needs of both our local customers, and customers around the US and world. As a supplier to some of the most vital industries necessary to defeat this pandemic, pharmaceutical and personal care plants, food and beverage manufacturers, hospitals, and the government, and many others, we are dedicated to providing our usual above and beyond service and support we are know for to keep these institutions functional in this most critical of times.
Friday, April 17, 2020
This past week, the PA State Department of Health issued new guidelines for essential businesses. Effective Sunday, April 19 at 8:00 pm, all customers are required to wear masks while on premises. Cooney Brothers has and continues to implement best practices to keep our employees and customers safe. For the past few weeks, we have adjusted our pick-up procedures to ensure proper distancing is maintained. This includes limiting the need for customers to enter the building when picking up. However, orders that include pipe require drivers to enter our facilities. In accordance with the new state order, all drivers picking up pipe will be required to wear a face mask. Cooney Brothers will have extra face masks available should a customer need one, however, we are unable to guarantee mask availability. Our sales team will issue reminders when pipe pick-up orders are placed.
Friday, March 20, 2020
Yesterday, March 19, 2020, Pennsylvania Governor Wolf ordered all non-life-sustaining businesses to close to stop the spread of COVID-19. As a member of the industry group, Hardware, and Plumbing, and Heating Equipment and Supplies Wholesale Merchant, Cooney Brothers may continue physical operations in accordance with the directive. Cooney Brothers remains open and fully operational at this time, as we feel it is our duty to the community and nation to ensure the supply of essential equipment to other life-sustaining businesses, including hospitals, pharmaceutical plants, food and beverage manufacturers, and others.
Monday, March 16, 2020
Starting tomorrow, Tuesday, March 17, 2020, wherever possible, our office and sales staff will be working from home. Based on customer policies and to ensure the safety of our people, outside sales will greatly reduce their in-person customer contact. They will be working and available by phone, email and text, and available for on-site visits upon customer request.
Cooney Brothers is here to help keep your business fully functional through this crisis. In order to comply with social distancing and other visitation restrictions, we are available via the following ways:
- Call us. All inside and outside sales representatives have phones even if they are working remotely from home. You can also dial our main number (610-272-2100) to be connected to your rep.
- Text us. You can send pictures easily to our inside sales team by texting our main number (610-272-2100), or by texting your outside rep directly.
- Email us. Email your rep directly or use email@example.com and your message will be routed to the correct person.
- Use our website. Get pricing and availability on over 20,000 parts. Use our online chat to message a rep online. Check order status and get tracking information. And more. If you haven't already, Register using your acct# to get started. Unsure of your account number? Contact Us here.
- Have an after-hours emergency? Call our 24/7 phone number 610-999-9702 for emergency service.
- Special delivery needs? Let us know if there are any delivery restrictions in place (non-contact deliveries, etc) and our drivers will work with you.
Friday, March 13, 2020
Yesterday, March 12, 2020, Pennsylvania Governor Wolf declared a lock down for Montgomery County. This means all schools, gyms, entertainment venues, and non-essential retail businesses are to be closed starting today, Friday, March 13, 2020 for two weeks to help stop the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) through significant social distancing. This directive does not affect Cooney Brothers and we expect to remain open and fully operational through this time.
The safety and health of our staff is of the utmost importance. We have taken steps to reduce the chance of spreading the virus internally by increasing sanitization frequency in our offices and warehouse facilities. We will continue to closely monitor the evolving situation and implement best practices set by the CDC, WHO, and local authorities.
We will continue to provide updates as the situation changes that may impact our business and customers. Please contact us with any questions, concerns or product needs. Thank you, and stay safe and healthy.
Gerry and Bill Cooney