New Product: Spirax Sarco Clean Steam Generators for Healthcare
Spirax Sarco recently introduced a new Clean Steam Generator for Healthcare Sterilization processes. Specifically designed to deliver high quality steam dryness of =97% needed for the demanding Hospital sterilization process, the Clean Steam Generator eliminates wet packs during any sterilization cycle.
Read below for Spirax Sarco’s Clean Steam Generator product release from July 2020:
We are proud to introduce to the market our smartest ever Clean Steam Generators (CSG) for the Healthcare Sterilization process.
The new CSG for Healthcare has been specifically designed to deliver high quality steam dryness =97%, as expected for the demanding Hospital sterilization process ensuring no more wet packs during any sterilization cycle.
Sterile Processing Departments (SPD) and Central Sterile Services Department (CSSD) are responsible for the delivery of dry, stable high-quality steam, free of any contaminants to autoclaves dedicated for sterilization of surgical instruments and garments.
The potential for “wet packs” following sterilization processes is a known issue. Wet packs can occur as a result of poor temperature and pressure control, non-condensable gases (NCG’s), overloading sterilizers or poor steam dryness, which causes regular maintenance routines and reprocessing if the problems are not addressed and rectified.
The new CSG design has been developed around a series of identified needs captured from 95 interviews across 15 Countries with industry experts. The packaged solution will deliver repeatable high quality dry steam (exceeding the minimum value of 97% during any part of the sterilization process), have customizable options to fit operational needs while ensuring the new inbuilt intelligence allows easy access and visibility of system operation.
Following a very detailed and unique dynamic and static testing plan the system has been internally validated to guarantee high performance and remove steam as one potential issue causing “wet packs”. The inclusion of diagnostic software (optional) will be able to integrate with customers BAS systems and provide real time performance data enabling early indications of potential problems.
Spirax Sarco Clean Steam Generators Competitive Advantage
- Third party tested and proven design ensuring constant steam dryness =97% across the entire load range.
- Advanced diagnostic capability providing early indication of any potential operational issues.
- Reliable and easy to use interface with the packages system providing connectivity as required to local networks.
- Lower maintenance time and cost.
Spirax Sarco Clean Steam Generator Features
- Integrated deaerator tower: Removes non-condensable gasses from the feed water to comply with the AAMI ST79 for sterilization.
- Integrity test: Unit will conduct guided test during start up to identify tube failures that will prevent cross contamination into clean steam.
- Performance monitoring: Unit will actively monitor the heating efficiency of the CSG to identify fouling of the heat exchanger for predictive maintenance before issue arise.
- Sequence operation: Automated start up, recovery and shut down sequences to provide safety and accuracy of CSG operation.
- Electronic stop (E-stop): Safety trigger that is configurable to suit the customers’ requirements to prevent operation based on certain conditions.
- Diagnostics and Monitoring:
- TDS monitoring and alarms
- Panel temperature and alarms
- Clean steam pressure and alarms
- Plant steam pressure and alarms
- Steam trap failure and alarms